<body>


Sunday, April 25, 2010

流星花园/花より男子/꽃보다

花より男子 is my all time favourite drama, anime and manga.

I am a proud owner of all 37 volumes of 花より男子. Now sitting quietly and collecting dust in my cupboard.

Author:神尾叶子, 37 volumes from 1992 to 2004. The above is volume 1. I have to admit the illustration does not look very impressive but it did improve over the years.

Volume 36. Told you, didn't i? Her drawning improved!

I watched the tv anime too. It was boardcast on SCV (its was called SCV then) during my JC days. I remember rushing back home just to catch the 20mins anime (minus advertisement) and cannot stop thinking about what's going to happen next.

In 2001, Taiwan made it into a drama which marks the start of all the 偶像剧craze. I remembered being very excited when i came to know of this news on 娱乐新闻, a daily MUST watch during my secondary school days. Was even more excited when i saw 言承旭 acting as 道明寺. Very 帅 in my opinion.

流星花园 - Only first half of the story follows the manga and 言承旭 whom acted as 道明寺 had the signature curly hair for only the first few episodes. Though i had to agree that he looks better with his long and flow-y hair.

In 2003? Taiwan release Season 2,

流星花园2. This has totally no connection with neither the animation nor the manga thus i don't really like it.

In 2005, the Japanese version was out.

花より男子 - Seriously, i was very disappointed with the cast. 道明寺司, leader of F4 is my favourtie character thus i was especially disappointed with 松本润 whom acted as 道明寺司, whom i think just does not have the looks and height for this role. As for the others, it was a-ok only.

In 2007, Japan had the season 2.

花より男子2 - To be honest, i gave it a miss.

In 2008, Japan had the movie.

花より男子F - I watched it on the plane. I think it was quite a flop with not even a bit of the 花より男子 element instead there was a very long chase scene and them stranded in a tropical island. The plot and ending was crap and very lame.

In 2009, the Korean version.

꽃보다 - To be honest, i did not watch was it was first out as i was afraid it might be another flop just like the Japanese version but there was a lot of rave and hype about this Korean version of 花より男子 thus, i decided to give it a try and thank goodness i watched! Not only did i watch, i RE-watched!

*thumbs up* they follow the manga closely with the very important ski trip scene which was missing in the Taiwan version and 李 敏鎬 whom acted as the leader of 4, renamed as Goo Joon Pyo had the signature curly hair through out the drama and i must said he looks good in it! The only actor who can pull of such an outrageous hairstyle. They developed the relationship between 花澤類, renamed as Yoon Ji Hoo and 牧野杉菜, renamed as Keum Jandi which makes the drama even more addictive.

Frankly, for all the 4 characters in 花より男子, the Korean version is my no. 1 choice, though i like 言承旭 as 道明寺 too. By the way, don't you agree that 李 敏鎬 and 言承旭 look very alike?

Btw, China Hunan TV is joining in this 花より男子 craze too.

流星雨 - I'm wondering if i will watch, the guy acting as 道明寺司 is not my cup of tea.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger AriaVengeance said...

Hello there, i have discovered your blog thru Ankemaybe's Blog ^.^ hehe
very pretty blog and so much information... Love it. *onto commenting*

Meteor Garden was THE drama that got me into the whole Asian World.
At the time i didn't know what manga was or anime or even chopsticks XD
I was just 11 years old when i first watched it on my tv ~.~ since then
i have been following Kamio Youko sensei works. I sorta read Hana Yori Dango *too long* for me. Tried to watch the anime but didn't find all the episodes with English subs. With all the the drama versions, i can't say which one was my favorite, not including the Chinese one. You 100% correct. The cast uhm i just couldn't except my precious Tsukasa Domyoji to be him. Meteor Garden had Jerry Yan *my first Asian Crush muahaha* Now that i watch it again, it looks so outdated XD but at the time i thought omg so cool. I felt the "friend connection" in this one except with Rui. Maybe because it was there first drama EVER to act in but still. I wanted more EMOTION in it. With Meteor Garden II, well the only thing i liked was the opening song. I tried watching the whole thing as the Hana Yori Dango fan that i am but didn't really like it neither. I heard it had bad ratings. With Hana Yori Dango Japanese Version. I really liked the openings songs and inserts ones. That is one of the main reasons i got into Japanese Music. Especially "Ai Otsuka - Planetarium" love it, makes me want to see my favorite character Rui Hanazawa again. This version made me feel that all F4 were really best friends. Including Rui. When i first saw actor who played Tsukasa character i was disappointed. Didn't really like him but his acting was okay. *hahaha i sound like a critic* Moving on to the Korean version, well i really did like the cast. The only problem was Akira Mimasaka character. Writers didn't really make his character STAND OUT, he was my favorite in this version. I admit, he's my favorite character in this version because he has this bad boy thing about him XD but overall i think The Korean Version was a written better or directed, i can say the acting was better as well EXCEPT with Yoon Ji Hoo *sorry he can't act*. Tsukasa Domyoji did play his character all the way, yes even his hair played it. When Yoon Ji Hoo aka Rui cut his hair short *nosebleed everywhere*. I think every version had there good & bads parts but i really enjoyed watching all 3 versions.

Is it just me or does Jerry Yan looks like Lee Min Ho korean version?
My favorite cast are mix XD
Jerry Yan & Lee Min Ho
Oguri Shun & Vic Zhou
Matsuda Shota
I really like all the actors who played Mimasaka Akira.

August 28, 2010 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger 腐女子 said...

Hi AriaVengeance! *wave and wonders if you get to read this reply* It's only today that i found out that blogger allows me to track the comments! *feels a little outdated*

Okies, Thanks for the long comment and thank goodness it was not lost! It not only you! I too think that Jerry Yan and Lee Min Ho looks so so so alike! Is Jerry Yan still one of your favourite asian actor? If yes, I tell you, you need/MUST watch Down With Love! He's uber charming and cute in the drama!!! The female co actress is Ella from S.H.E. a taiwan pop idol group. Down With Love is one of my top Taiwan drama of the year!

And currently i'm watching the Korean version of Playful Kiss starring Kim Hyun Joong aka Yoon Ji Hoo! With his hair short! *nose bleed everywhere?* hahah. Catch it if you have time! Oh and it's great knowing you ^^ and sharing dramas with you ^^

September 3, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bookmark and Share

Profile



腐女子 SHOP:


腐女子 HEARTS:
shopping:買い物
couch potato:カウチポテト
yoga:ヨガ
skincare:エステ
cosmetic::化粧品
manga:漫画
anime:アニメ
latte:ラーテ
travel:旅行

腐女子 TREKKED:
Australia - Brisbane, GoldCoast
HongKong
Indonesia - Batam, Hapchai
日本 - 東京 - 東京都/奥多摩湖/伊豆七島, 千葉県 - 千葉, 神奈川 - 横浜/鎌倉/箱根, 埼玉 - 秩父/長瀞/川越, 静岡県 - 御殿, 山梨 - 富士山, 京都, 大阪, 福島 - 喜多方, 広島-宮島/厳島神社, 兵庫県 - 神戸ベイエリア, 奈良県 - 奈良公園(東大寺&春日山), 愛知県 - 名古屋, 栃木県 - 日光, 長野県 - 軽井沢 , 熊本県 - 熊本/阿蘇, 鹿児島県 - 桜島, 北海道 - 函館/札幌/小樽
Korea - Seoul
Malaysia - KL, BatuPahat, JB, Genting
CameronHighlands
Taiwan - Taipei
Thailand - Bangkok, Phuket
HongKong
New Zealand

腐女子 FUTURE TREKS:
Cambodia - Siem Reap
Indonesia - Bali
Vietnam
Europe

腐女子 CURRENT READ:
電撃デイジ
君に届け
カノジョは嘘を愛しすぎてる
スイッチガール!!
好きっていいなよ
スキップ・ビート!-
今日、恋をはじめます
会長はメイド様
ヒミツのアイちゃん
Crash!
僕たち知ってしまた
黎明のアルカナ
神様はじめました
Black Bird
360°マテリアル
ヒロイン失格
虎と狼
好きって言わせる方法
君じゃなきゃダメなんだ
隣のあたし
僕等がいた
花にけだもの
ぬらりひょんの孫
べるぜバブ
バクマン
Bleach
Naruto
One Piece
Categories













Manga Summary - Ongoing




Manga Summary - Completed

Manga Summary - Dropped

Manga Recommendation





Manga Teaser



Follow Me
Archives


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.
Bookmark and Share