<body>


Sunday, March 13, 2011

110311

A day i will never forget.

The first hit strikes at 2.46pm, another 4 minutes to the 2nd break of the day and i was already slacking and planning to read a chapter of Nurarihyon no Mago and we starts to feel the tremors. I looked at the uncle sitting diagonally opposite me acknowledging that it's an earthquake. It's normal to feel tremors every now and then so we didn't think it's anything serious. However, it's different this time round. The tremors got stronger and i was told to hide under the table and before i knew it drawers start to open on their own and documents behind me starts to topple.

When i was taking shelter under the table my thoughts were "Shit man. This is serious. When is the shake going to stop? Will the building give way? Don't tell me i'm going to die in an earthquake! What the probability of a Singaporean dying in an earthquake? (In case you don't know, Singapore is natural disaster free. Tiny but safe.) F**K and the fact is my 3 yrs stint actually ended and i'm back alone this time to complete this particular project! Don't tell me i'm this down on luck!" 

Before we can check online to find out what happened we were told to move downstairs. So i grabbed my bag and jacket and moved down as quickly as possible. We were told to wait for 15mins. However, i think 15mins wasn't up yet and we were told to move back to office again. I can only say the Japanese are really brave. I was one of the last few unwilling ones to walk up and before i can even sit down 2 second shake come again. It seems to be more serious then the first one. I looked at the uncle opposite me and he's shocked too and said the shake seems to be vertical (which is bad as buildings are build to withstand horizontal shakes and not so much for vertical shakes.) and he signal me to hide under my table again.

And my thoughts this time "F**k! I shouldn't have came up." and i realized that my boss (whose sitting beside me) and all the uncles around me are not actually hiding under the table. Only me. I totally freaked out and they keep telling me not to worry but how can that be possible?!? As soon as the shake is not so strong, we were told to move down again. This time round i grabbed all my stuff with me and rushed down like one of the fastest. lol.

Well, i can only say that the uncles are really very calm. When we were outside my boss said: "Lucky it's not raining." Then the uncle whose sitting opposite me said: "Yah. Lucky it's not snowing too." This time round we waited much longer downstairs and we were told that we can either cont. to stay in office or go home. Of course they don't expect us to work already. It's because the trains are all suspended. So i went upstairs to save my work and shut down my pc. Yes! i went up again! I don't know why i did but i will be alone if i go back hotel. So i guess it's better to stay with the uncles for awhile longer. Great workout for the 30mins. Climbed 5 stories 3 times! So i hang around for awhile and as soon i felt another tremor, i told my boss and the uncles that i'm leaving first. lol. They all stayed pretty far away so there's no way for them to go home and most of my colleagues walked home. Some even took 4 hours to walk home. tsk tsk tsk. I'm considered one of the luckier ones as the hotel im staying is only 20mins walk away. I can't imagine if i were to stay in ushihama... (previous apartment).

Took some photo on my way back to hotel. 

 
First time seeing JR pulling down their shutter.
In fact, everywhere has their shutter down. 

Shopping malls too. 

everyone turned to buses. Rare to see such long queues at bustops. 

People are looking at the news.

People looking at the big tv outside the shopping mall.

There's nothing much that can be done other than standing around, waiting and hoping to get home soon. 

I reached my hotel and the staff assured me that the hotel building is safe because i request to change to a lower floor if its possible as i stay at the 8th floor!!! However, it's not possible as the hotel is fully booked. Seriously i was very scared all alone in my hotel room at the 8th floor as i can't stop feeling the tremors and the building shaking. So i went down to the lobby to sit... just not wanting to be alone and watch the news with everyone else. Went back to my room again after an hour plus. 
Sat in front of my PC replied concerns from friends. Thank you for asking =) 

Head out to grab food and had a quick shower.  

managed to grab milk, bread, biscuit and cold pasta. Kept the biscuit in my bag with a bottle of water just in case anything happens i'm all ready to grab and run.

I can't sleep on Friday night. Endless tremors after the hit even until now when i'm typing this entry. Kept the TV on as i lied on my bed. Dozed off once in awhile but still tried to be listen to the news when ever there a tremor alert. A long night.

The next day,
Head out to grab food again. 

Got mac for lunch. 

Trains are functioning finally.

Though not fully. 

Malls are still closed though. 

Now im not sure if it's the tremors im feeling or i'm just feeling dizzy at times. I will only be back on the 8th Apr. I hope there will not be a second hit. *keeping my fingers crossed*

Labels:

23 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

glad that you're alright, hope this terror will let go of japan soon.

March 13, 2011 at 2:03 AM  
Anonymous Ankemaybe said...

I must say the Japanese r very calm, and stoic about the whole thing. Most seen on tv, seemed very calm when relating the incident. This quake, according to some scientists has changed the geographical landscape of Japan. Apparently, entire coast of Japan has moved 8 feet eastward. You take care. Hopefully, you will be able to wrap up work soon and come back home.

March 13, 2011 at 2:47 AM  
Blogger Oumnya said...

Glad to know you are alright !!!

March 13, 2011 at 3:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see your okay, I remember yesterday walking into school and my friend telling me "Hey did you hear about the 8.9 earthquake in Japan?" I told him "No" and then went onto a computer and saw an article about it on the front of Yahoo! Later at home my mom and I took about 10-15 mins talking all about it. I pray for your safety and the rest of Japan! <3

March 13, 2011 at 3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're fine. Thank you for telling us how it was and how you felt. I'm worried about my penpals.
Take care !

March 13, 2011 at 3:12 AM  
Blogger SanJess said...

Wow, creepy... I was also shocked as I watched the news and I can't imagine how it would be when I'm in the middle of it. I'm very glad nothing happend to you. I hope nothing's gonna happen with the atomic power plant... That would be REALLY bad... and be careful!

--> Jess

March 13, 2011 at 3:59 AM  
Anonymous Kanade said...

My all best wishes and thoughts with you. Just try not to panic, I know it's hard not to though. The Japanese are rather calm, because they're used to earchquakes. And they're all taught how to behave during it, but they often don't pay attention to it, since it's kinda like a casual thingy. It's bee nsaid that averagely, there's an earthquake every 5 minutes in Japan, if you include all of its prefectures.

I hope you're fine! Please keep us updated!!!

March 13, 2011 at 5:51 AM  
Anonymous Stebbi said...

I'm glad you are alright. Man, was I relieved when I red your comment about being save^^
It's really interesting, but also scary, to hear about the catastrophy from someone you "know" who was present when the incident took place. I hope the tremors stop sometime soon (if they didn't already) and everything goes back to normal without any more damages.

Oh, and I must admit the Japanese are really calm, I would have also freaked out if I were in such a situation :)

March 13, 2011 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger ayupm8 said...

I've just thought about you, so I went to check this blog and I'm so relieved you're okay. Maybe we don't know each other, but I have a strange feeling of connection with the people whose words I read, so when I've realised that you returned to Japan (which took me so much time I'm ashamed of myself) I was afraid that something might have happened to you. An earthquake is something I cannot imagine - when I've seen a terrible flood I thought it was the worst thing that can happen - but now, when I see pictures of the cars floating on the water on tv, I wonder if it will ever be possible to rebuilt Japan... and it's so scary to think that something like this can happen again:( But I hope that from now on it'll only be better and nothing will disturb the rest of your stay!

March 13, 2011 at 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was checking this blog, waiting for a Dengeki Daisy upadate... i closed the windows and "Hopefully for her she's not in japan anymo...." and then i realised you ARE in Japan again -___-
It's so scary! take care! As the person above say, we don't know each other but well.... <3

March 13, 2011 at 9:02 AM  
Anonymous cappuccino said...

I'm glad to hear you're fine ...please be careful and take care of yourself

March 13, 2011 at 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are safe, take care of yourself and and sending prayers to Japan!

March 13, 2011 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger KaY ゆうくずり HuSsAiNi said...

Thank Goodness your alright. I was wondering all day yesterday when I was watching the news. I hope the Japanese people will get through this.

Keep safe!

March 13, 2011 at 11:11 AM  
Anonymous Mikimata said...

I'm relieved to hear you are okay. Please take care and hang in there! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

March 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM  
Anonymous Faith said...

I 'm glad hear you are safe!!!!!!!!!! take care

March 13, 2011 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger ahcirej said...

Omygosh. My prayers are with Japan. I'm emotional right now (^^);, so I started getting teary while reading this. Haha. But just wow, that feeling when you think "Am I gonna die like this?" It's scary... Glad to know you're safe!

March 13, 2011 at 2:52 PM  
Anonymous hoshii said...

Fellow sgrean follower here. The mess in jp was flashed all over the news and papers here, seems quite a worrying devastation. Especially so for the coastal areas. Having lived such a disaster-free life in our homeland I'd be so messed up not knowing what to do if I was in the affected regions in jp too. Am really really glad you're ok!

March 13, 2011 at 3:05 PM  
Anonymous mo said...

heyy glad to know you are safe T__To
i wanted to email you, but then i wasn't sure if the mail would reach you or not (>_<)
like connectivity issues and all...
thank goodness!!
stay safe and take care okay~~~ XDD

March 13, 2011 at 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know you're fine !!
The situation in Japan was terrible !!
I hope you're okay now !

March 13, 2011 at 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are safe, I have been checking your blog all this time for updates. It must have been scary on your own but its good that there are people around and that you had a chance to let everyone know that you are fine.

March 13, 2011 at 11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey i'm a Singaporean. I understand how you feel. In Singapore,there are like no earthquakes and yet you experience one in Japan. Glad that you are safe, let's just pray for Japan. I have never seen such a serious earthquake and tsunami hit japan before.

March 14, 2011 at 1:23 AM  
Anonymous gypsie said...

soo gladd that u are okk!! seriously.. ur readers are here for u! i'm sure we cannot stress that enough and i hope u are able to return home safely to ur family and friends soon.. i can't evn begin to imagine what it must be like, but plz stay safe and keep ur head up. ^^ god bless girl.. ♥

March 14, 2011 at 4:36 AM  
Blogger Sana said...

glad to hear you're safe, praying for all the people who are in the worst hit areas.

March 14, 2011 at 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bookmark and Share

Profile



腐女子 SHOP:


腐女子 HEARTS:
shopping:買い物
couch potato:カウチポテト
yoga:ヨガ
skincare:エステ
cosmetic::化粧品
manga:漫画
anime:アニメ
latte:ラーテ
travel:旅行

腐女子 TREKKED:
Australia - Brisbane, GoldCoast
HongKong
Indonesia - Batam, Hapchai
日本 - 東京 - 東京都/奥多摩湖/伊豆七島, 千葉県 - 千葉, 神奈川 - 横浜/鎌倉/箱根, 埼玉 - 秩父/長瀞/川越, 静岡県 - 御殿, 山梨 - 富士山, 京都, 大阪, 福島 - 喜多方, 広島-宮島/厳島神社, 兵庫県 - 神戸ベイエリア, 奈良県 - 奈良公園(東大寺&春日山), 愛知県 - 名古屋, 栃木県 - 日光, 長野県 - 軽井沢 , 熊本県 - 熊本/阿蘇, 鹿児島県 - 桜島, 北海道 - 函館/札幌/小樽
Korea - Seoul
Malaysia - KL, BatuPahat, JB, Genting
CameronHighlands
Taiwan - Taipei
Thailand - Bangkok, Phuket
HongKong
New Zealand

腐女子 FUTURE TREKS:
Cambodia - Siem Reap
Indonesia - Bali
Vietnam
Europe

腐女子 CURRENT READ:
電撃デイジ
君に届け
カノジョは嘘を愛しすぎてる
スイッチガール!!
好きっていいなよ
スキップ・ビート!-
今日、恋をはじめます
会長はメイド様
ヒミツのアイちゃん
Crash!
僕たち知ってしまた
黎明のアルカナ
神様はじめました
Black Bird
360°マテリアル
ヒロイン失格
虎と狼
好きって言わせる方法
君じゃなきゃダメなんだ
隣のあたし
僕等がいた
花にけだもの
ぬらりひょんの孫
べるぜバブ
バクマン
Bleach
Naruto
One Piece
Categories













Manga Summary - Ongoing




Manga Summary - Completed

Manga Summary - Dropped

Manga Recommendation





Manga Teaser



Follow Me
Archives


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.
Bookmark and Share