<body>


Wednesday, November 17, 2010

ヒロイン失格 (Heroine Shikkaku) - Chapter 8

Tada! I've managed to churn it out! Enjoy! 

Hatori's narration: " It was lacking, in my wish which is like a thread. Rita came to my house, even if it's just for a while, i thought that Rita might have realized his feelings, didn't him?"

And she tells Kousuke: "That my wishful things which is impossible."
Kousuke: "Then?"
What actually happened was....
Rita: "This is not you."
Hatori, disappointed with Rita's reaction: "Like that? Rita is easily taken by a suggestive action isn't it?"
Rita: "Huh? When did i?"
Hatori: "You don't plan to? (kiss me), i'm such a natural beauty."
Rita: "I'm listening, can you explain more concretely?"
 
Hatori: "You told Kousuke that 'The one she likes is me', being possessive and all. I was only double checking it to see if you are not swindled by him." (I'm not really sure of the translation for this, i think Hatori is trying to find an excuse to why she kissed Rita.)
Rita: "Huh? What is it?"
Hatori: "Why did you come here? A phone call is enough if you want to apologize. Didn't i told you that these actions are very suggestive?" and she thinks "Oh no, i can't stop, even thou i know Rita has no what so ever kind of feelings towards me."
Rita: "I came here today because i was worried about you."
Hatori: "Why? I looked fine don't l? Like a beautiful woman."
Rita: "I've understood. If my actions seems suggestive to you then i will have nothing to do with you, that is fine with you right?" and he left.

 
The end.

Kousuke: "Hatori chan, who are you going out with now?"
Hatori thinks to herself "Oh no, i've forgotten." and she said: "I'm sorry."
Kousuke: "So hateful, i told you to wait for me and yet you went home. Well, it's alright... if you give me a kiss if not i'm going to die." Hatori looks troubled.
Kousuke: "If you are not willing, i can write it off."

Hatori: "Let me tell you clearly, even though i said before that it's not easy to forget about Rita but my heart beats fast for Kousuke. However, only a phone call from Rita and i can't see anything anymore." and she thinks to herself "In the end, i can't forget anything." She slaps her cheeks as if trying to clear her head and she thinks "It's so embarrassing." Hatori: "It's so embarrassing that i want to hide myself."
Kousuke: "Then i shall make you forget easily."

And they ended up in a love hotel! Hatori sitting on the bed, thinks "What kind of situation is this?" Kousuke hops on beside her and calls her: "Hatori chan~ Since we are going out, so this kind of this is normal isn't it?"
Hatori's thoughts "NO, NO, NO, NO, this is my first time. Isn't it going to be weird if it's so easily..." Kousuke messing up Hatori's hair and said: "You are being too stiff, too stiff. If you dislike, i won't do anything. Empty your head and leave everything to me, i will be nice and gentle."


Hatori's thought's "No, you are not going to be gentle. You seems like you are going to be rough." and she said: "Then, be gentle please." With a smile (which looks kind of fake to me), Kousuke starts kissing and touching Hatori. While Hatori thinks "Even though i've tried so hard and if this carries on, i will be too pitiful. I hope you can be gentle to me. Rita and Adachi might have done it? Adachi's first time is with Rita?" and she recalls the scene where Adachi tells Hatori to treat herself more importantly.

Kousuke looks shocked and he stopped and asked: "Hatori chan? Hatori has been trying to hold back her tears. Hatori cries and said: "I'm sorry, and as expected, i can't do it." with tears welling up. Hatori's thought's "Why is she only right and me, i'm only wrong? There isn't such heroine around." Kousuke looks at Hatori gently, he pulls her up, pats her head and said: "I understand. Don't cry." Hatori thinks "What am i doing?"

The next day on her way to school in bus she recalls what happened and thinks to herself: "Really! What have i done?" and she saw Adachi and she thinks that it's the worst thing that can happen.
Adachi: "Matsuzaki san, Good morning!"
Hatori: "Good morning." and she thinks "Why now? The person i don't wish to meet most."
Adachi: "It's the first time that we met in the morning. Oh and it's time to change seats soon right?"
Hatori: "Ah..." and thinks "And so? It's alright that you don't talk to me."
Adachi: "Our training camp group will be decides based on our new seating arrangement therefore i feeling excited about it. It's my first training camp thus i'm looking forward to it."
Hatori thinks "Can you please shut up, i don't wish to talk to you." and she said: "Adachi, didn't you hear anything about what Rita and me did yesterday?"

Hatori thinks "Rita might not have told her. I shall let you worry a little too." and she said: "You didn't hear anything? However, if you do... i'm sorry okies? I'll make a move first then."
Adachi: "Matsuzaki san! I've heard about what happened yesterday." (I wonder if the mangaka will revel the real evil look of Adachi in future chapters. I think this is not the first time the mangaka presents Adachi face down then followed by a perfect girl look in the next panel.) It's alright. I don't mind at all."
Hatori: "Are you stuipd Why are you alright with it? Is it nothing to you that i've kissed Rita?"

Hatori: "Why do you think nothing of it? It's not a time to be a good person!" and Hatori thinks that Adachi looks down on her.
Adachi: "What's wrong with being a good person It's not that i think nothing of it. I dislike it very much. Why? I did think for a while 'what's your problem?' but i dislike and gets tired of this kind of me. That's why i think it's better to be a good person. I'm much happier this way."

Hatori cries: "You must be joking. I hate it." and she thinks "I think i've worked hard as compared to Adachi who get attached with Rita so easily. I've thought more about Rita, cried buckets and got hurt because of him. Adachi's smiling face, i don't want it because i don't want such painful thoughts. I'm not going to lose to such a person...

... that was what i thought. Am i wrong? Adachi cried too because i was mean. Even though so, she can be nice to me. How did she do it?" Adachi hands Hatori her handkerchief to wipe off her tears.

And the scene changes to the classroom with the new seating arrangement!!!! Rita is sitting beside Hatori with Adachi behind him and there is an unknown guy between Hatori and Nakajima. (OMG~ i think i love this mangaka, what an interesting seating arrangement!) Hatori thinks "SERIOUSLY? How is it possible for this group to get along well for training camp?" and all the while, Rita is looking outside the window with his back facing Hatori. Hatori thinks that it's the end as Rita is not talking to her and avoiding all eye contacts with her.

Two guys went up towards Rita to talked to him. They mentioned that the girls will be excited with Rita around. Rita: "Let's skip the afternoon class to deepen our friendship (to go Karaoke instead) and i'm not going for the camp." Hatori heard him.

Rita: "I'm not interested in 'everyone being happy' this kind of things." Hatori heard him and she's speechless.
Along the corridor, the two guys with another two girls are talking behind Rita's back. The girls think that Rita is cool but the guys thinks that he's merely a gloomy person. Hatori walks pass and hears them and thinks that since a long time ago, Rita has difficulty getting along with people. She thinks that it's really like him to say that he's not interested but she does not understand why Rita is fine with Adachi. One of the guy asked why is Rita not interested and the other answered asking that he don't know but maybe he has something on with the ugly girl. 

Hatori shouts at them: "Don't treat Rita like an idoit!! That is 100% Rita-feel and that is why, don't complain that he's gloomy!" Rita happens to walk out of the classroom and he hears Hatori defending him.

The two guys apologized and said that they are not talking about her but Adachi. They left quickly. Hatori thinks "Eh, i... Adachi? Oh yah! I can't compete with Adachi. Rita likes Adachi."

Hatori's thoughts "Isn't it great if i become like Adachi? If i want to become Rita's girlfriend, this is the only way."
Rita: "What are you doing?"
Hatori: "Terasaka kun, I think it's better for you to go for the camp." (She follows the way Adachi calls Rita.)
Rita: "I'm not going."
Hatori: "That is not right. If you continue to be like this, how can you make friends?"
Adachi: "Matsuzaka san, but friendship can't be forced."
Hatori looks at Adachi and thinks "Huh? No i can't i'm not irritated with you." (LOL, she's so funny! Trying to convinced herself here.

Hatori, convincing herself that she is a changed person said: "Adachi san, do you know if Rita has any friends from elementary school until now?
Adachi: "Eh.. Terasaka kun, do you have any friends?"
Rita: "I'm afraid not... Adachi."
Hatori: "Yah! He likes to be a loner that's why. If he tries, i'm sure he will be able to get along with everyone. It is the right timing now to make and gather friends in high school!"
Adachi: "He's so pitiful."
Rita: "The both of you..."
Hatori: "Therefore, you must attend the camp. I will be by your side if anything happens....


... Adachi san is around too! Ne?"
Adachi: "Um!"
Rita, helplessly said: "I understoond." and he leaves.
Hatori thinks "Now, i've changed a little. I can speak normally to Adachi."
Rita turns back: "Hatori, just now, Thank You."

Hatori, blushed: "um." and she thinks "I can do it, can't i?"

The scene changes to Hatori hugging Nakajima.
Nakajima: "Uwaaa! What is it?" 
Hatori: "I'm great! I shall not be persistently jaundiced over minor matters and i shall stop hating Adachi. Don't i just look like any other heroine?"

Hatori thinks "I've changed...

 ... what do you think? I've changed! Matsuzaki Hatori, being the best heroine is my aim!!"

***
I'm officially rooting for Kousuke now even though he brought Hatori to a love hotel but in the end he stopped when Hatori says she can't do it. Rita is hopeless.

Labels: ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Now it's official I don't like Rita. Thank you so much for the summary!!

November 17, 2010 at 3:04 AM  
Anonymous Yona said...

First of all, thank you Fujioshi for your wonderful & detailed summary, I think rita only see her as a really good friend ...I'm sure she'll end up with other guy

November 17, 2010 at 3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this!! One question: did Rita actually return Hatori's kiss as shown on the first page, or was that just Hatori's imagination? I wasn't clear what actually happened.

November 17, 2010 at 5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, I agree that Adachi is not as nice as she appears to be. She may be playing a nice girl "role" similar to how Hatori likes to play the heroine. And even though I'm mad at Rita for acting like a jerk, I still don't trust Kousuke. He got interested in Hatori really fast, it seems.

November 17, 2010 at 5:15 AM  
Anonymous Jayde said...

Fuji: Sanks for the summary!! Im also rooting for Kousuke even hes a loose guy he knows what he wants and Rita is just naive. I really do appreciate Hatoris effort to change but somehow it doesnt suit her! I liked her own straight forward approach better. I wonder why Hatori isnt as popular with Rita... anyways cant wait for the next update <3

November 17, 2010 at 7:21 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Hatori is just wasting her time.... give up on that idiot!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the summary!!!!

November 17, 2010 at 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anri said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!! I DEFENDED YOU RITA D<

I officially give up on Rita AND Kousuke. I dislike Rita now because he's a piece of s@!t. I dislike Kousuke because I feel no love from him, and what kind of guy brings a virgin who's in love with another guy to a hotel? I know why, and that's why I don't like him.

Since Hatori is not a typical shoujo heroine then she should not have a typical shoujo romance!! I would LOVE for another guy to appear. She should get with the childhood friend, or the cool guy he begins liking her because of her love for another (both are VERY cliche).

Give me new blood *fufufufufufu
I want a new yummy, sweet and regular guy <3

Thank you so much for these translations.

Oh, and I want to reiterate the fact that I officially hate both Rita and Kousuke!

November 17, 2010 at 7:37 AM  
Anonymous Faith said...

Thank you so much for summarizing this awesome manga!

November 17, 2010 at 7:37 AM  
Anonymous cappuccino said...

@Anri I support you sister !!!!!!!!!!!!! I already knew rita was a big idiot but kousuke... now I am very disappointed with him. Thankies Fuji!!

November 17, 2010 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

On the one hand we have Kosuke who is a player and the other hand there is Rita who is acting like jerk mmmmmmmmmmm anri is right WE NEED A NEW GUY

November 17, 2010 at 8:08 AM  
Anonymous mia said...

thanks a lot for the update

November 17, 2010 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger 腐女子 said...

@blurberry: Yah, it's official for me too. Rita, like i said, he's hopeless.

@Yona: You're welcome. I hope she does and i hope Kousuke will change because of Hatori just like Andou in SB. heh.

@Anonymous: You're welcome. Oh, it was just her imagination. She was telling Kousuke that she hoped it turned out that way but it didn't.

@Anonymous: Yah! Adachi must have some hidden agenda or ulterior motive! It iriks me when one tries or pretends to be this oh-so-nice-girl!

@Jayde: You're welcome. Yup, i do prefer the straight forward and truthful Hatori.

@Patricia: You're welcome. Hatori is desperate. She's doing whatever she can hoping that Rita will like her. Seriously, she should give up already.

@Anri: New blood will be great! Maybe a new blood will appear in the upcoming training camp. The guy sitting behind Hatori, he's face wasn't shown, i'm thinking maybe he's the new rival to be. The mangaka purpose hid his face in the chapter or maybe i'm just thinking too much. haha.

@Faith: You're welcome ^^

@cappuccino: You're welcome! I'm for a new blood too!

@Brenda: Another one for a new blood! but i'm still giving Kousuke the benefit of the doubt, cutting him some slack for now.

@mia: You're welcome!

November 17, 2010 at 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG thank you so much !!

November 17, 2010 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Ankemaybe said...

I am irritated with Adachi because she doesn't display her real emotions. She gives me the impression that she is trying to be the epitome of a Zen stone, all plain-looking and disciplined and cold. No wonder Rita is attracted to her, he is incapable of returning real emotions or responding to real emotions too. In comparison, Hatori is the normal human being with all shades of human emotions.

Perhaps Rita will come to realise that something is very wrong with himself and please, Hatori, please realise that the current 100% Rita-feel is very boring and unattractive.

November 17, 2010 at 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Minelauva said...

I feel bad for Hatori. Rita definitely doesn't deserve her. I can't believe he would treat his chilhood friend this way. And what does he like about Adachi? She's not even cute or attractive and it's obvious she's forcing herself to act like a good girl! As for Kousuke, I still don't know what to think about him but in any case, he's still better than Rita.
Oh, and thank you for the summmary! =)

November 17, 2010 at 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your hard work ;)

November 17, 2010 at 11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!!your absolutely wonderful for doing this ! Thank you!!!!

November 18, 2010 at 2:43 AM  
Blogger 腐女子 said...

@Anonymous: You're welcome ^^

@Ankemaybe: I think Adachi knows that she is plan looking and she is using this oh-so-nice-girl to win the hearts of people around her. I'm looking forward to the mangaka revealing her true colours in future chapters. If she's really so nice, i will be disappointed. I don't think there's such nice person around. =P

@Minelauva: You're welcome. I ponders me too. I can't wait for the next chapter which i think might be the training camp.

@Anonymous (both): You're welcome ^^

November 18, 2010 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous nelly said...

Thank you for your traslations!! waiting for the next chapter!

November 19, 2010 at 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you for summarizing this series! I read the first few chapters on the anime-tion site and was immediately hooked.

Kousuke feels like he's just interested in a conquest right now; I don't think he really cares about Hatori that much. That could change later, though.

Do we have a release date for the next chapter?

November 22, 2010 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger 腐女子 said...

@Anonymous: You're welcome! Next chapter will be out in the next issue of Betsuma. Betsuma is out on the 13th of every month and i will summarise it asap after Dengeki Daisy. hee. Look out for it!

November 25, 2010 at 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Mikimata said...

I'm so hooked on this series, I literally have the 13th marked on my calendar. The countdown has begun!!

December 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger 腐女子 said...

@Mikimata: It's the 13th Dec today!!! I'm going to get Betsuma after work later! Wait up for the new update soon! ^^

December 13, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bookmark and Share

Profile



腐女子 SHOP:


腐女子 HEARTS:
shopping:買い物
couch potato:カウチポテト
yoga:ヨガ
skincare:エステ
cosmetic::化粧品
manga:漫画
anime:アニメ
latte:ラーテ
travel:旅行

腐女子 TREKKED:
Australia - Brisbane, GoldCoast
HongKong
Indonesia - Batam, Hapchai
日本 - 東京 - 東京都/奥多摩湖/伊豆七島, 千葉県 - 千葉, 神奈川 - 横浜/鎌倉/箱根, 埼玉 - 秩父/長瀞/川越, 静岡県 - 御殿, 山梨 - 富士山, 京都, 大阪, 福島 - 喜多方, 広島-宮島/厳島神社, 兵庫県 - 神戸ベイエリア, 奈良県 - 奈良公園(東大寺&春日山), 愛知県 - 名古屋, 栃木県 - 日光, 長野県 - 軽井沢 , 熊本県 - 熊本/阿蘇, 鹿児島県 - 桜島, 北海道 - 函館/札幌/小樽
Korea - Seoul
Malaysia - KL, BatuPahat, JB, Genting
CameronHighlands
Taiwan - Taipei
Thailand - Bangkok, Phuket
HongKong
New Zealand

腐女子 FUTURE TREKS:
Cambodia - Siem Reap
Indonesia - Bali
Vietnam
Europe

腐女子 CURRENT READ:
電撃デイジ
君に届け
カノジョは嘘を愛しすぎてる
スイッチガール!!
好きっていいなよ
スキップ・ビート!-
今日、恋をはじめます
会長はメイド様
ヒミツのアイちゃん
Crash!
僕たち知ってしまた
黎明のアルカナ
神様はじめました
Black Bird
360°マテリアル
ヒロイン失格
虎と狼
好きって言わせる方法
君じゃなきゃダメなんだ
隣のあたし
僕等がいた
花にけだもの
ぬらりひょんの孫
べるぜバブ
バクマン
Bleach
Naruto
One Piece
Categories













Manga Summary - Ongoing




Manga Summary - Completed

Manga Summary - Dropped

Manga Recommendation





Manga Teaser



Follow Me
Archives


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.
Bookmark and Share